Open Saturdays and Sundays
April through December
12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Garden Railroad hours: Saturday and Sundays 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (weather permitting)
Wayzata’s Great Northern Railway Depot has been a local landmark since 1906. As Wayzata’s third and final train station, it was considered the “handsomest” depot on the Great Northern line at the time of construction. Trains stopped at the Depot until 1971. It was donated to the City of Wayzata in 1972 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1981. Part of the Depot is now open to the public as a museum operated by the Wayzata Historical Society.